Thursday, February 9, 2012

Foodview: Chocolate Chip Muffin


I must confess that this sweet morsel caught my eye the moment I walked into the warmth of Harvest Moon. Before sinking my teeth into the fluffy goodness plumply encapsulated in a dark brown wrapper, someone gave me the strong recommendation to have it with milk. "Sure," I said  and they poured me a tall glass of almond milk.

Despite it's dark, cocoa induced complexion, the muffin itself tasted a lot less like cake and a lot more like, well, muffin! The soft dough wasn't packed with as much sweetness as my eyes imagined, which is good in light of how big it is (bigger than the average muffin). It's still sweet though; the sweetness was found in the chocolate morsels found not only on top of the muffin but all the way through to the bottom, definitely making it a dessert item.

 The tall glass of almond milk came in quite handy halfway through this delectable treat. It wasn't so much because it was dry, but more because it was a lot of bread. One of these plump pick-me-ups is $2.00.

I've come to see that there are two kinds of people in the world: those who eat their muffins cold and those who eat their muffins warm. I'd recommend this muffin warm for the full experience.
~The Harvest Crier~   

No comments:

Post a Comment