Friday, August 3, 2012

Foodview: Watermelon Lemonade

Walking into the sanctuary of cool air conditioning at Harvest Moon, I escaped from the wrath of the early afternoon heat. Outside the sound of tents being pitched and vendors preparing for Blues & Ribs could be heard, but inside HM it was much more quiet and relaxed. I walked into the kitchen to see if there was anything picture-worthy going on. By happenstance, I happened upon the happening of our chef making watermelon lemonade! "Watermelon lemonade?" I thought, "I've got to try this!"

It was most certainly a mixed taste of watermelon and lemon. The lemon did a fine job of pepping up the drink, while the watermelon mellowed it out, giving it a good balance. Due to the color, my initial thought was that it would be rich in the flavor of watermelon, but while watermelon does have a flavor to it, it is called watermelon (92% water, as a matter of fact). Thus it gives the drink an overall refreshing feeling of being like a cool glass of water with a kick of flavor to it!

Refreshing, cool, colorful, well flavored, and quenching, I would behoove you to try one in today's heat.

Hey, has anyone ever noticed that melon and lemon have the same letters in them?
~The Harvest Crier~

No comments:

Post a Comment