Saturday, August 11, 2012

Foodview: Savory Scone

For months, dear readers, you may have seen photo after photo on the Facebook page of all different kinds of sweet scones. Savory scones, on the other hand, have been chilling out quietly at home not making an appearance at HM at all. Well recently, the kitchen has tried its hand at baking savory scones and I was able to sample one for myself. I haven't had many scones in my day, so I'm in no way a connoisseur of this triangular treat, but I'll give you my best recollection of it. Unfortunately, it was not gluten free, but I imagine that a gluten free option will be available soon. :)

It was appetizing just looking at it! I picked it up and took a bite of the acutely angled end. It had a warm, soft, and doughy texture, like the consistency of a dinner biscuit. The colorful flecks peppering the scone turned out to be tomato and basil and added a touch of herbal taste. For its many colors, I thought it was going to be loaded with huge pieces of veggies or something, but that wasn't the case. The colors serve more as a added touch of seasoning flavor, with the most evident on the palate being the soft dough.

I deem it an excellent breakfast bread. A heated up savory scone with your favorite cup of tea or a cold cup of milk is an idea highly recommended.
~The Harvest Crier~

No comments:

Post a Comment