Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Foodview: The Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich

It has come to my attention that I haven't written much about the breakfast menu's plethora of selections. Upon asking the boss then what I should order to write about, he recommended the Ultimate Breakfast Sandwich, which traditionally comes on a flaky and slightly toasted croissant. I shrugged a "
"sure" and waited for it to come up.

My usual breakfast is a banana smoothie I make before heading out the door in the morning. Either that or a bowl of cereal. On occasion I'll make myself some scrambled eggs, but hey, I'm no Ferran Adria, especially when it comes to food!

Whenever I imagined a breakfast sandwich, I always pictured a piece of something kind of sort of resembling meat with bread-like styrofoam wrapped around it and served in a truck stop. What I was plated and given by one of our chefs was far from that fearful expectation.

A crisp and flaky croissant housed a medley of sauteed peppers, mushrooms, and caramelized onions tucked into the blanket-fold of fluffy eggs. On top and on bottom was warmly melted cheese which held the sandwich together, one side being provolone and the other side cheddar. In between the cheese and the croissant was their delectable veggie cream cheese, giving the sandwich a slightly sweet/tart taste to it. sprinkled on top was some decorative parsley.

I enjoyed the crispiness of the croissant, but if you're planning on eating a nice, clean breakfast, try it on some other bread such as the millet flax or toasted wheat. However you eat it, make sure Mr. Napkin is faithfully sitting by your side.

Regardless of its slightly messy behavior, it comes recommended with adjectives such as: warm, vegetarian (if you are ok with eggs), bready, eggy, sauteed, and crispy (only with croissant, which I would also recommend).
~The Harvest Crier~

No comments:

Post a Comment