Saturday, March 3, 2012

Foodview: Turkey Chili and Half a Grilled Cheese

So there's this deal going on now: a bowl of soup and half of a grilled-cheese sandwich for somewhere between seven and eight dollars. I ordered it under the recommendation of the crew behind the counter. After giving them the go-ahead, they asked me the peculiar question of what veggies I wanted on my sandwich!

Whoa, whoa, whoa! I thought. How dare they desecrate the sacred grilled-cheese! I mean, how can you put anything other than cheese on it? But it didn't take longer than the first bite for my eyes to be opened to how scrumptious veggies in a grilled cheese sandwich truly is! My taste buds were seriously jigging it out!

The sandwich was crisp and grilled with cheese melted just perfectly in between thick wheat bread speckled with oats on the crust (I loved the crust). Cool tomato and curls of red onion were trapped in the melted goodness of the cheese, giving the sandwich an incredible new flavor I've never experienced before. Really, I'll never eat grilled cheese the same thanks to this place!

After getting half way through the sandwich, I decided to spladoonk it into the bowl of turkey chili. It was phenomenal!

The turkey chili has a lot of pep to it, making me sweat after only a few sips of the sensationally potent broth. I hadn't even gotten to the chili's  meat and whole veggies (beans, tomatoes?, corn, and onions) and I was already experiencing so many strong flavors! Dipping the spoon down to the bottom (it's a big bowl), I excavated the quarry of veggies and ground turkey and enjoyed the bounty!

Really, the chili is hot! Really hot! I was sweating! And while it has a fair amount of broth to it, it's also a very big bowl. I assure you, dear readers, that most of you will be full before the end.
~The Harvest Crier~

No comments:

Post a Comment