Saturday, March 10, 2012

Foodview: Cafe Salad

Okay, okay, okay. I finally consented, dear readers, to breaking my anti-salad pledge. I'm not saying that I'm going to start eating salads every second of the day or anything; I'm just opening my mind to giving salad a chance to redeem itself.

If you're vegetarian or vegan, the salad you'll want to choose is the Autumn Harvest Salad, which I can  confidently say looks good (I haven't tried it yet). For those of you who like meat with your veggies, pick the Cafe Salad, which is what I went for.

Coming with sides of ranch and guacamole and laden with strips of juicy chicken breast, this salad brings a flavor-combination unique. I've never thought of using guacamole as a dressing before, but it turns out that it go excellent with the ranch and poultry. I feel that these two were a killer idea for sure.

Also on the plate were lush and earthy lettuce leaves (it wouldn't be a salad without lettuce!) as well as a sensational smattering of feta cheese and tomato. For you vegetarians out there, this is an idea you should try on your own: Feta cheese and sliced tomatoes with ranch and guacamole.

While the chicken, egg, bacon, and feta cheese give it a fullness, and the leaves of lettuce add a good earthy taste to the mix, it was the guac and ranch dressing combination that brought the two worlds of meatiness and leafy-ness harmoniously together, leaving me scraping nothing off of my plate and into the trash can! Well done, Harvest Moon!

But I'm still not a salad kind of guy.
~The Harvest Crier~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment