Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Foodview: Chocolate Covered Cherry Frescante

In case you haven't noticed - it's pretty hot outside! Now, I'm the kind of guy who doesn't really like drinking anything but water, however, on very rare occasions, I'll get a fiercely fierce hankering for something other than H2O. I decided to be creative and ask the crew for a Chocolate Covered Cherry Frescante in honor of the heat stroke I feel I'm going to get every time I step outside. While the Chocolate Covered Cherry Frescante isn't technically on the menu, I figured they could make my special request out of the kindness of their big, super-duper hearts :)
And they did.

It was heaped with a mound of whipped cream on top and lines of chocolate syrup on the inside of the glass. The foam and cream nearly spilling over the edge of the chocolaty chalice made for a very formidable looking drink. The tall glass full of the milkshake-like consistency proved thick-yet-drinkable as I stabbed my straw down to the bottom. The drink was cool to the touch and chilling to the taste. It was perfect for when the weather makes it feel like Mordor outside.

The name probably gave this away, but it tasted like a chocolate covered cherry (duh, right?) with a hint of coffee to it (if you don't like coffee, you can ask them to make it without). The taste of chocolate covered cherries reminds one of a certain day in February - Valentine's Day. Perhaps this will be a good drink to have then with your significant other.


So I barely finished this toppling tower of fit-for-king frescante set before me, and when I finished it, the first inclination I had was to get to some place warm. Appearently it did the trick, because stepping outside sounded like a pretty good idea in light of my goose bumps. "But I can't do that," I thought to myself. "I have a blog post to write!" And so here I am enduring this cold while all the lucky people get to enjoy the +90 degree weather outside. Too bad for me. :(
~The Harvest Crier~

(Foodview on the Buckeye Frescante)

No comments:

Post a Comment