Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Running Club

I know what you're thinking. You see the title of this blog post and presume that I'm going to make some kind of silly pun about Richard Simmons as I talk about exercising. Well, I'm afraid not. Because I have no experience with the Running Club, though it's highly talked about here at the Moon, I'll simply pass on the info that was given to me: 

~

1st run - Saturday May 12th, and Every Saturday

Where - Harvest Moon Cafe, 7 N. High Street

When - Meet at 8:45 AM, Ready to Run at 9 AMHow far - We'll be running a 3 - 3.5 Mile course

Why - Because running is always more fun with someone to suffer with!

Perks! - Refueling is important, all runners will get 10% off their order at Harvest Moon after they run. You must be sweating as proof (Joking! But, excludes alcohol, sorry)

In addition to the specifics I want to encourage everyone to join us regardless of your running level. Our runs are not about being the fastest or running the longest, just getting out there with fellow runners and motivating each other. Run the course once, twice, walk it, or crawl; we don't care!

~

If you haven't considered being a part of the Harvest Moon Running Club, give it a mental gander for a moment. Like the Garden Herb Shop Book Club, the Running Club takes a virtue (how many times have you said, "I need to go running," but didn't) and dresses it in a setting of community and accountability. While it's still tough, running with the pack has a more motivational feel to it than flying solo.

We'll see you out there. By "We" I mean we, myself included. I'll be the one running with a camera. :)
~The Harvest Crier~



No comments:

Post a Comment