Thursday, September 27, 2012

Whole Grain Harvest Pancake Experiment

Hey there, blog readers. Just wanted to write to you a blurb about recent happenings in Harvest Moon.

This morning, I was able to sample a new menu item that the kitchen is experimenting with. There are many who love our heavenly hotcakes, recently popularized by a Columbus Parent article. Now the crew is experimenting with a whole grain pancake which is rumored as being called the Harvest Pancake. Here are my thoughts:

This morning being drizzly, this whole grain flap jack had a cozy taste and a hearty feel to it - a perfect warming food for the colder months ahead. I could definitely feel the textual difference between this and the heavenly hotcakes, myself preferring whole grain much more. I do hope they perfect and keep this new slant on an olde tyme favorite.

Hard-to-place flavors akin to vanilla and maple tickled my palate, but that was probably just the mouthwatering syrup I poured all over the top of the pancake. Delish!

~Your Friendly Neighborhood Harvest Crier~

No comments:

Post a Comment