Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Foodview: Summer Salmon Sandwich with Tomato Mozzarella Salad

These warmer months have been rather eventful for Harvest Moon. First, the Bison Burger took the menu board, next the Summer Salmon Sandwich was presented, and finally, the grand renovation took place. All of these changes yielded an incredibly positive response from HM's beloved customers.

Catching up with the new menu items, I ordered myself the Summer Salmon Sandwich along with the newly created Tomato Mozzarella Salad. I could feel my eyes getting healthier every second I looked at it! I mean, don't just look at it, look at it!

Refreshing celery and flaked salmon were mixed with a slightly sweet sauce and made into the pink spread of this rare sandwich. A juicy red tomato slice, curls of potent onion, and crisp lettuce made the meal even more nutritious, not to mention giving it a satisfying crunch in every bite. The texture of the spread itself was somewhat akin to tuna fish, but the taste was far more superior than stuff out of a can. The only way I can explain its taste is that it reminded me of the sea. It was real salmon! The turkey bacon gave it a good touch of flavor as well, complementing the fish with a more savory sensation. It wasn't as heavy as something like the Bison Burger, especially if you take out the turkey bacon, making it the sandwich to go for if you're thinking to yourself, "I'm not too hungry, but I want something fancy for date night at Harvest Moon."

As for the Tomato Mozzarella Salad, my palate thoroughly enjoyed the chunks of soft mozzarella and the balsamic vinegar reduction dressing topping the spring mix. It had a sense of simple yet artisan elegance to it which gave the entire plate a high quality.

Adjectives to describe this meal would be: Crisp, fresh, refreshing, healthy, light-ish, and fishy (in a good way; imagine the smell of the clear ocean's water). While I still like the Bison Burger more, I recommend giving the Summer Salmon a go if you can.
~The Harvest Crier~

1 comment:

  1. Nikki, I’ve been a follower on your blog for a while now and would like to invite you to visit and perhaps follow me back. Sorry I took so long for the invitation

    ReplyDelete